Benefits of personal training
There are a number of benefits of personal training. These include:
- Teaching you the correct form: A personal trainer will be able to teach and guide you on how to perform exercises correctly and safely. If you’re new to the gym, or new to lifting weights, learning how to perform exercises can be particularly beneficial. Having good technique is an important foundation everyone should build to avoid risk of injury, recruit the targeted muscles properly, and to maximise your progress, with or without your trainer.
- Hold an objective eye: When working out alone, you can’t always tell if you need to adjust your posture, position, or range of movement. Personal trainers can help you with this by monitoring your form during your training, and correct you if necessary. This will help you to avoid risk of injury and ensure that you are recruiting the target muscles properly and optimising your workout.
- Provide you a wealth of knowledge: Personal trainers will have a wealth of knowledge and experience in prescribing and instructing exercise. They will also be able to help you address lifestyle changes you can make to optimise your health. It is in their best interest to help you achieve your fitness goals, and part of their job is to stay up to date with industry trends and training methods which will save you time from doing all the research to achieve fitness success.
- Push your limits: Personal trainers are very passionate about health and fitness and they want to help support you in achieving your fitness goals so they will both challenge and motivate you towards your full potential and help you take that one step further that you might not have if you were working out alone.
- Hold you accountable: Have there been times when you thought to yourself you’ll go to the gym today but then you give yourself an excuse and you end up not turning up at the gym? Sometimes the toughest battle is getting to the gym. While we all have days when we feel unmotivated to work out but if it’s happening more often than not, having a personal trainer can help hold you accountable. While it’s easy to cancel plans to go to the gym if you’re going on your own, if you’ve made an appointment with your personal trainer, you’re far more likely to go and turn up.
- Provide you with a bespoke training programme: Personal trainers will create a tailored training programme to suit your needs, abilities and goals, which a fitness class can’t provide. For example, if you're goal is to lose weight, your personal trainer would be able to programme your exercise to meet your specific needs and your goal. As there is no one size fits all approach when it comes to achieving fitness goals since everyone responds training and nutrition differently, your personal trainer will be able to monitor, adapt and progress your plan based on your needs, enabling you to optimise your training and get results faster.